Tuesday, September 18, 2012

John Deere
Open House
175th Anniversary
at the
Harvester Plant
Moline, Illinois

 My nephew works at this Plant and he had his Mother document the events of the day as John Deere Celebrated 175 years of progress in the Agriculture Implement Manufacture. 



 A Display of a one row Corn Picker. 


 I have fond memories of this style grain combine when I was a Young Farm Boy of 14 years of age.

 This view and several others which follow show the current "Combine," which is now known as a Harvester.

 This Harvester has an eighteen corn row header.  Certainly a much larger capacity than the 1950s models I watched as a young Farm Boy.

 A Harvester Motor

 The header

 This is the section that My Nephew works on.

No Open House is complete without Food.  I was told that about 10,000 people visited this Open House.



No comments: