Thursday, August 2, 2012





Motor Mill
on the banks of
Turkey River
Southeast
of
Elkader, Iowa
 During my recent Holiday to Northeast Iowa, my Nephew and his Son conducted a Field Trip for me to the Motor Mill.  The above pictures shows that renovation is in process.  The new windows have been installed.


 The next project will be the construction of a bridge which will be designed just like the original that has decayed away.  Here you see the Bride Pier in the middle of the Turkey River.

 There are several sturctures that supported the Mill.

 Of course the Tourist travel to the Turkey River to tube and enjoy the lazy days of Summer  in Clayton, County.



My nephew's son standing tall in front of "The Inn" sign at the Motor Mill.  This is but one of the Historic Sites in Clayton County, which allows everyone to connect with the rich history of the past. 

I enjoyed my Field Trip!!!!

No comments: